Quantity Surveyor – Central London – High End Residential – Immediate start – Up to £55, 000
My client is one of the biggest Tier 1 developers within London and have a new excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. This is a very high-end mixed use residential project based in the heart of London.
* Manage all commercial and contractual aspects of a project from pre-construction through to construction.
* Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other relevant documentation.
* Manage all the sites under your control, ensure that you fully understand the Scope of Work included in each and every tender. Provide support to Contracts Managers and Site Foremen/women to ensure that they too fully understand the Scope of Works.
* Meet Contract Managers fortnightly/monthly to review progress, carry our valuations, to record and calculate the monthly cost of materials on site.
* Ensure that all valuations are submitted on time to each client.
* Ensure that all sites are profitable. Full CVR (Cost Value Reconciliation) to be reviewed with Commercial Managers/Directors in advance of monthly meeting ensuring that variances are an accurate reflection of current project financials.
* As a Principal Contractor, work closely with Contracts Manager to ensure written approval from Client/Environmental Consultant to import topsoil or subsoil, compiling appropriate records of material moved/transported.
* Management of all aspects of registering, issuing of new drawings and returning drawing variances including pricing, whilst liaising with the client at all stages.
* Management of all aspects of initial material enquiries, issuing these to suppliers, producing comparative pricing analysis received against tender working closely with Commercial Managers/Directors, Buyers and Engineers through to drawing approval and order submission.
* Produce finishing forecasts, working closely with Contracts Managers to calculate the cost and value of works.
* Sub-Contractor management, working closely with Commercial Management and Engineers including timely procurement, appointment and ongoing management of sub-contractors including all relevant insurances are in place.
* Client relationship management including attendance at pre-start meetings for new sites, providing support and guidance, building good relationship with the client's Quantity Surveyor. Ensure client satisfaction and financial accounts management addressing payment shortfalls monthly. Pricing and agreeing any extension of work additional to the tender.
* Working closely with Commercial Management reviewing valuations and variations prior to submission to client.
The Ideal Candidates:
* Educated to HNC/University Degree level in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction or Similar.
* Extensive experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the ground works and civil engineering a prerequisite ideally within the house building/residential development sector.
* Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail and strong commercial acumen.
* Confident, articulate and customer focused to build strong relationships with market leading national and regional house builders/residential developers.
* Commercially astute with excellent negotiating skills.
* A cross functional team player.
* A multitasker, adept at handling multiple simultaneous construction/new build projects.
* Someone who thrives on challenges - a 'can do' attitude.
* Energetic and resilient.
* Familiar with presenting at senior executive and board level both internally and externally.
* Strong network and track record of working with a wide range of ground works and civil engineering sub-contractors.
* Experienced in working as part of a close-knit commercial team, motivated to mentor and develop junior Quantity Surveyors.
If interested, please apply for this role with your most recent CV and we shall be in touch to discuss further details. Please understand that we receive a large volume of CVs daily, so if we have not contacted you within 5 working days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.